1. K-State home
  2. »Global Campus
  3. »Troops to Teachers

Global Campus

K-State Global Campus
010 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506-0100

1-800-622-2578 (toll free)

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST

Extended Student Services Hours:

8 a.m. - 7 p.m. CST

Troops to Teachers

Continue to serve this nation by inspiring its young people. Begin your next life-changing mission.

The Kansas Department of Education has partnered with Kansas State University to provide services for the Department of Defense Troops to Teachers program which assists transitioning service members and veterans in beginning new careers in teaching. The Troops to Teachers program provides counseling, employment facilitation and financial assistance for eligible Troops to Teachers program participants. Specific benefits of the Troops to Teachers program include:

  • Individualized counseling and transition planning
  • Assistance navigating state teacher certification and licensing requirements
  • Up to a 5K stipend or 10K bonus for eligible Troops to Teachers participants
  • Connections to hiring officials
  • Ongoing support and mentorship

K-State offers two online degree programs that will allow Troops to Teachers participants to earn a degree in teaching and prepare for certification.

Service members and veterans without a bachelor’s degree may be eligible for the online bachelor’s degree in elementary education. Individuals with an associate degree can complete the program in as little as two years. Learn more.

Service members and veterans with a bachelor’s degree may be eligible for the online Master of Arts in Teaching, a 12-month program designed for those entering teaching from another field. Learn more.

Troops to Teachers participants who enroll in either of these programs may be eligible for an additional $11,500 in Kansas funding. They will also be able to take advantage of:

  • 100% online student teaching field experiences
  • Mentorship from a military veteran from admissions to employment

Program Eligibility

All current members of the United States Armed Forces and former members who have retired or separated with an honorable discharge are eligible to apply for Troops to Teachers assistance. Learn more.

Please Note: The Troops to Teachers services are available through K-State as a Troops to Teachers sub-grant recipient, regardless of the academic institution or certification program you choose to attend.

chat loading...