1. K-State home
  2. »Global Campus
  3. »Students
  4. »Academic Policies & Procedures

Policies and Procedures

The university policies and procedures information below may be useful during your time at K-State. Feel free to contact us with your specific questions.
Payment  | Dropping Your Course | Refund | Changing Course Status | Submit Grievance | Special Assistance | Grades and Transcripts | Request an Incomplete | Course Cancellations | Honor and Integrity System | Copyright Policy | Severe Weather

Paying Your Tuition

View more information about billing and payments options. 

Go Back to Top

Dropping Your Course

If you must drop your course, be sure to review the K-State Global Campus drop policies and deadlines.

Go Back to Top

Getting a Refund

It may be possible to get a refund of your tuition depending on the date you drop your course. View refund policies and deadlines.

Go Back to Top

Changing Your Course Status

Get more information about status change policies and deadlines.

Go Back to Top

Submitting a Grievance

Kansas State University and the K-State Global Campus want to serve students in the best way possible and strive to work with students to address any grievances and work toward a solution. If you as a student have a complaint regarding your online course, instruction or other academic procedures as a K-State distance student, you may visit our Student Concerns and Complaints website.

Go Back to Top

Arranging for Special Assistance

Kansas State University is committed to providing accessibility to all participants of courses, conferences and programs.

Go Back to Top

Grades and Transcripts

A student's grades may be accessed through KSIS or by ordering an academic transcript. A paper copy of your grades will not automatically be mailed to you. For course-specific grading policies, please see the course syllabus provided by your instructor.

Go Back to Top

Requesting an Incomplete

If you realize you cannot complete your coursework by the end of the term in which you are enrolled, you have the option of requesting a grade of incomplete from your instructor. View details about incompletes.

Use this Incomplete Grade Agreement between Student and Instructor (DOC) form to ensure that details of your incomplete are communicated between student and faculty.

Go Back to Top

Course Cancellations

Minimum enrollments are set for each course. Courses with low enrollments may be canceled. A full refund is given if a course is canceled.

Go Back to Top

K-State Honor and Integrity System

Kansas State University has an honor system based on personal integrity, which is presumed to be sufficient assurance in academic matters that one's work is performed honestly and without unauthorized assistance. All full-time and part-time students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate courses on campus, off campus and via distance learning, by registration in those courses, acknowledge the jurisdiction of the honor system.

Go Back to Top

Copyright Policy

All Kansas State University syllabi, course materials, course media and online courses are copyrighted. You may duplicate the course materials only for your own use in the course, and you must erase or destroy any duplicated materials as soon as you complete the course requirements.
You may not make course materials or information available to other individuals unless you have written permission from the copyright owner. Please check with your instructor for permission to use any course material. Without written permission, you may not:

  • be paid for taking notes by a person or commercial firm
  • sell your notes to an individual or commercial firm

View K-State's Copyright Statement.

Go Back to Top

Severe Weather

Occasionally, severe weather necessitates the cancellation of on- or off-campus classes and activities. The K-State website provides information about weather-related cancellations. View the K-State Global Campus severe weather policy.

Go Back to Top

chat loading...