1. K-State home
  2. »Global Campus
  3. »Discover Online Learning
  4. »Undergraduate Programs
  5. »Minors

K-State Global Campus
010 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506-0100

1-800-622-2578 (toll free)

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT

Undergraduate Minor Programs

Kansas State University offers online minor programs, taken either concurrently with a K-State bachelor's degree, or as a stand-alone program.

Stand-Alone Minors

K-State's stand-alone minors are available to students working toward a bachelor's degree at any accredited institution, or to those who have already completed a bachelor's degree. Stand-alone minor programs include:

Concurrent Minors

Concurrent minors are available to students who have either earned or are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree from Kansas State University. Students should contact their K-State advisor to add one of the following concurrent minors to their undergraduate degree program.

Animal Sciences and Industry   

  • A minimum of 15 hours of credit with the ASI designation is required.
  • Courses that comprise the minor will be determined by an advisor in the Department of Animal Sciences and Industry and the student. Requirements include:
    • A minimum of two courses at the 300 level or above (6-9 credits)
    • An additional two courses at the 500 level or above (6 credits)


  • This minor is only available to non-business majors who will graduate from another college at K-State.

Conflict Analysis and Trauma Studies

  • This minor requires 18 credit hours of coursework.

  • The application must be approved by the CATS minor co-chairs in order for the student to be eligible to receive the requested minor.


Financial Counseling

  • This minor requires 15 credit hours of coursework.
  • Learn more about the minor on the program website.

Food Science and Industry

Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies

  • This minor consists of either Introduction to Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies or Fundamentals of Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies, and 12 hours of electives, one of which must be a GWSS course, and one of which must be numbered 500 or higher.

Hospitality Management

  • This minor requires 18 credit hours of coursework.
  • Learn more about the minor on the program website.

Human Development and Family Science

  • This minor requires 15 credit hours of coursework.
  • Learn more about the minor on the program website.


  • Students in many academic disciplines need management and supervisory skills in order to advance in their chosen profession. The management minor consists of 15 credit hours and is only available to non-management majors. Non-business majors will be required to take Principles of Management (MANGT 420), while students within the College of Business will take an additional elective instead.

  • Students must achieve a cumulative 2.50 GPA in the five required courses to complete the minor. At least three of the five required courses must be completed at Kansas State University.

  • Required courses (6-9 credits)
    • *MANGT 420 – Principles of Management (3 credits)
    • MANGT 520 – Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
    • MANGT 531 – Human Resource Management (3 credits)
      *Not required for College of Business majors
  • Elective courses (6-9 credits)
    • MANGT 421 – Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management (3 credits)
    • MANGT 522 – Operations Planning and Control (3 credits)
    • MANGT 530 – Labor Relations and Negotiations (3 credits)
    • MANGT 535 – Employment Law (3 credits)
    • MANGT 541 – Management of Quality (3 credits)
    • MANGT 550 – Organizational Training and Development (3 credits)
    • MANGT 553 – Business Project Management (3 credits)
    • MANGT 560 – Managing for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace (3 credits)
    • MANGT 590 – International Management (3 credits)
    • MANGT 630 – Sports Management (3 credits)


  • This minor requires 16-18 credit hours of coursework.
  • Learn more about the minor on the program website.

Personal Financial Planning

  • This minor requires 15 credit hours of coursework.
  • Learn more about the minor on the program website.

Secondary Majors


The secondary major in gerontology is available to current K-State students and requires 24 hours of coursework, which may overlap with other courses taken for the primary major. The secondary major may not be completed as a stand-alone program.

Students must take two (2) required courses:

  • GERON 315 – Intro to Gerontology (3 credits)
  • GERON 600 – Seminar in Gerontology (3 credits)

In addition to the required courses, students must complete 18 hours of electives from a list of approved courses. Electives must be completed in at least three (3) separate departments. Additional courses may be approved if they include significant aging-related content and are approved in advance.

Students with additional questions about the secondary major in gerontology should visit this FAQ or contact the department at gerontology@k-state.edu.

chat loading...