1. K-State home
  2. »Global Campus
  3. »Discover Online Learning
  4. »Finish Your Degree

K-State Global Campus
1615 Anderson Avenue
Manhattan, KS 66502

1-800-622-2578 (toll free)

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT

Finish Your Degree

Kansas State University Global Campus accepts transfer credits from community colleges, technical colleges and other universities – even if it has been several years since you were last enrolled.

After you submit your application to K-State and all official documentation has been received, an official evaluation of credit will occur. Learn more about how to apply by selecting your program of interest.

Use the links to learn how:

Undergraduate Students Transferring Credits from a…

Four-Year Institution:

In order to receive a bachelor’s degree from K-State, you must:

  • complete at least 30 credits from K-State
  • complete at least 20 of the last 30 credits from K-State

What does that mean for you? For instance, if you wish to earn a bachelor’s degree that requires 120 credits to graduate, you may transfer up to 90 credits from another four-year institution. If your program requires 126 credits to graduate, you may transfer up to 96 credits. Learn more about degree requirements.

Two-Year Institution:

The same rules apply as students transferring credits from a four-year institution; however, only half of your required credits may be transferred from an accredited two-year college. So if you wish to earn a bachelor’s degree that requires 120 credits to graduate, you may transfer up to 60 credits from your community or technical college. Learn more about degree requirements.

Support Programs for Community or Technical College Students

If you are planning to attend a community or technical college before attending K-State, you may be interested in one of our transfer programs – Transfer Pathways, DirectLink or Reverse Transfer.

Transfer Pathways

This tool provides streamlined curriculum guides that outline the full requirements of the K-State bachelor’s degree and the equivalent classes you can transfer in from your community or technical college. Courses can be completed online or on campus at your community or technical college to complement the online bachelor’s degree.


Designed for first-year students at Kansas community and technical colleges, this program will provide you with free, customized support and resources as you transition from your community college to K-State. Resources include customized curriculum guides, campus visits and connections with K-State advisors early on, as well as an application fee waiver from K-State. DirectLink is only available for select on-campus and online bachelor’s degree programs at this time.

Sign up for DirectLink

Reverse Transfer

If you transfer to K-State from a Kansas public community or technical college but have not already received an associate degree, you may be eligible for reverse transfer. This program allows you to use the credits you’ve earned toward your degree at K-State to attain an eligible associate degree. Why does this matter? Sometimes life happens, and we want to make sure you have your associate degree even if you are unable to finish your bachelor’s degree.

Graduate Students Transferring Credit

Learn more about transfer policies for certificate, master’s and doctoral programs.

Submitting Documentation

Please request official documents be mailed, faxed or sent via electronic transcript provider directly from your previous institutions (in other words. do not send in a copy you have opened or touched) to:

Undergraduate Admissions
Office of Admissions
Kansas State University
119 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506
Fax: 785-532-6393

Graduate Admissions
Graduate School
Kansas State University
113-119 Eisenhower Hall
1013 Mid-Campus Dr.
Manhattan, KS 66506
Fax: 785-532-2983

chat loading...