Application Process for Family and Community Services Master's Degree
1. Review Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the family and community services master’s degree, students must have already completed or meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA in the final two years or approximately the last 60 credit hours
2. Review Application Requirements
- U.S. Applicants
- Fall semester (begins in late August): February 1
- Spring semester (begins in late January): September 1
- International Applicants
- Fall semester (begins in late August): January 8
- Spring semester (begins in late January): August 1
- U.S. Applicants: $65
- International Applicants: $75
3. Prepare to Apply
Please be prepared to upload the following information when completing the online application.
- Statement of objectives: State academic objectives, including previous education, professional experience and plans after completing the degree
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Names and emails of three professional and/or academic references
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended
- Failure to list any colleges or universities from which the applicant received a degree or enrolled in graduate coursework may result in dismissal from the university.
- If transcripts are not in English, the applicant must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- Applicants will be asked for official transcripts after notification of admission.
Proof of English Proficiency
Students whose primary language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency during the application process by providing any one of the following official minimum test scores:
Scores must be self-reported within the application and official scores must be sent by the testing service to K-State.
Exception: students who have received a degree in the last two years from a U.S. college or university are not required to take any of the above English language proficiency exams.
Tip: select “Distance-Off Campus” and “Master’s” on the Academic Information page. On the Program Selection page, select “Human Ecology” followed by “Family and Community Services.”