Application and Selection Admission to the Didactic Program
After being admitted to K-State as an online pre-dietetics major and upon completion of the courses listed below, students must apply to the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD). Students must apply the semester immediately following completion of:
- BIOL 198 Principles of Biology
- BIOL 341 Human Body I
- BIOL 342 Human Body II
- KIN 360 Anatomy and Physiology
- FNDH 340 Food and Health: Safety, Allergies, and Intolerances
- BIOL 455 General Microbiology
- CHM 210 Chemistry I
- CHM 230 Chemistry II
- BIOCH 265 Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry
- CHM 350 General Organic Chemistry
- FNDH 130 Careers in Nutrition & Dietetics
- FNDH 132 Basic Nutrition
- FNDH 400 Human Nutrition
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above. This includes all coursework taken at any time in the individual's undergraduate or graduate education career prior to applying for DPD admission.
- No grade lower than a B in natural science or professional courses.
- No grade lower than a C in all other required dietetics curriculum foundation courses.
Applications from students not meeting grade requirements will not be accepted for review.
To apply to the DPD program, students must submit:
- DPD application form (available in the DPD Application Portal in K-State Online Canvas)
- Current DARS report generated through KSIS
- Academic career plan showing when remaining courses will be completed
- Grade calculation spreadsheets showing calculations for overall GPA, science course GPA and professional course GPA (available in the DPD Application Portal in K-State Online Canvas)
- Current one-page resume (see didactic program student handbook for evaluation details)
- A personal statement (maximum of 1,000 words; see didactic program student handbook for evaluation details)
Applications must be submitted in the DPD Application Portal in K-State Canvas. Applicants will also participate in a video conference interview. Students will work with their advisor to determine which semester to apply to the DPD and for access to the DPD Application Portal.