Global Campus Development Grants are provided to support quality distance education and outreach initiatives at K-State. Global Campus actively seeks partnerships with K-State's academic departments and colleges for the purpose of developing courses, programs and projects to support strategic enrollment initiatives and raise the university's profile.
In FY 2021 Global Campus will provide two funding cycles, one in the spring and one in the fall. The updated format will provide flexibility and accelerate project development. Priority is given to proposals that:
- Revise existing and develop new, student-focused programs or courses
- Reduce course gaps in online curricula or time to degree
- Focus on learner-centered scheduling (accelerated courses and multiple start dates during a year)
- Promote interdisciplinary approaches
- Expand learning opportunities in areas of university strength
Spring applications are due March 1, 2020, with funding decisions made in May. Individual courses are to be developed by Sept. 30, 2020, and offered by Spring 2021. Fall applications will be available in August 2020 and are due Oct. 1, 2020. Courses for the fall request are to be developed by April 30, 2021. Funding decisions for fall applications are made in December. Timelines for each cycle can be found below.
Principal investigators should work with a Global Campus program coordinator (listed below) and read the request for proposals before applying.
Global Campus has grown markedly in the last several years, and K-State is nationally recognized for its innovation and excellence in distance education. Approximately $450,000 is available annually to support the development grants initiative.
If you have any questions, please contact a Global Campus program coordinator:
- Julie Hunt - Education, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Ron Jackson – Business, Economics, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- Janel Koons – Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine and Natural Sciences
- Janice Nikkel – Health and Human Sciences and Architecture, Planning and Design