K-State Global Campus requests proposals from K-State faculty and departments for the development of online courses for fiscal year 2023. Proposals will promote innovation and excellence while also incorporating best practices and quality standards into teaching and learning and will recognize that the learner of today is a multi-faceted, lifelong learner looking for opportunities to fulfill knowledge gaps and immediately apply learning outcomes.
Through a market-focused investment process, the Global Campus Development Grant aligns with the mission of Global Campus to extend the university's intellectual resources through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities. The intent is to help direct the use of incentives and financial support toward developing courses that closely align with the priorities and strategic goals of the university. Units are encouraged to develop courses in areas of strength or niches that will remain sustainable and have commitment from the college for continued delivery.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Develop new online courses focused on distance learners
- Reduce course gaps in online curricula or time to degree
- Focus on learner-centered scheduling (accelerated courses and multiple start dates during a year)
- Fulfill requirements in more than one degree program
- Expand learning opportunities in areas of university strength
Funding will be at the individual course level. For courses that are part of a program, an application should be submitted separately for each course seeking funding.
The award amount will be $3,000 per credit hour, with funding released at the time of award notification.
Online Course Design Award
Through an additional review process, a $5,000 Online Course Design Award will be given to the course(s) that provides high levels of impact on learning, innovation, engagement, accessibility, assessment, inclusivity, utility and alignment with course objectives. Faculty must indicate that they would like to be considered for this award when submitting their proposal.
Application and Submission
Submission deadline: Friday, Oct. 14, 2022
Faculty should work with their Global Campus program coordinator to complete the development grant application.
- Julie Hunt – Arts and Sciences; Education; K-State Salina
- Ron Jackson – Agriculture; Business; Engineering
- Janice Nikkel – Architecture, Planning and Design; Health and Human Sciences; Veterinary Medicine; K-State Olathe