Application Process for Engineering Management Master's Degree
1. Review Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the engineering management master’s degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, or natural science with a 3.0 GPA in the final two years or approximately the last 60 credit hours
- A calculus course
- A statistics course
- At least three years of full-time industrial (work) experience by the time they complete the program
- A score of 750 (old scoring system)/159 (new scoring system) or above on the quantitative portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (international students only)
Students not meeting these requirements may be considered if they can demonstrate equivalent evidence of an appropriate background.
2. Review Application Requirements
- U.S. Applicants
- Applications are accepted year-round. Applicants should plan to apply no later than two to three months before the start of the semester. The fall semester begins in late August, the spring semester begins in late January and the summer semester begins in late May.
- International Applicants
- Fall semester (begins in late August): January 8
- Spring semester (begins in late January): August 1
- Summer semester (begins in late May): December 1
Students who would like to get started right away but have missed the deadline may take classes as a nondegree-seeking student. Contact us for assistance.
- U.S. Applicants: $65
- International Applicants: $75
3. Prepare to Apply
Please be prepared to upload the following information when completing the online application.
- Statement of objectives: One to two pages outlining why the applicant want to pursue a graduate degree, accomplishments/traits that would make the applicant a good addition to our program, and future plans/goals. Most statements are three to four paragraphs in length.
- Names and emails of three professional and/or academic references who will provide letters of recommendation. References will be contacted automatically using the email addresses provided by the applicant, but it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure letters are submitted before the program's application deadline.
- International students only: An official GRE exam report submitted directly from ETS (submission codes: K-State-6334; IMSE Dept.-1301). Upload scores or, if unable to upload scores, self-report the most recent test scores and arrange for an official score report to be sent to the K-State Graduate School.
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended
- Failure to list any colleges or universities from which the applicant received a degree or enrolled in graduate coursework may result in dismissal from the university.
- If transcripts are not in English, the applicant must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- Applicants will be asked for official transcripts after notification of admission.
Proof of English Proficiency
Students whose primary language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency during the application process by providing any one of the following official minimum test scores:
Scores must be self-reported within the application and official scores must be sent by the testing service to K-State.
Exception: students who have received a degree in the last two years from a U.S. college or university are not required to take any of the above English language proficiency exams.
Tip: select “Distance-Off Campus” and “Master’s” on the Academic Information page. On the Program Selection page, select “Engineering” followed by “Engineering Management.”