Required Courses (18 credit hours)
- EDCI 816 - Approaches to Reading Instruction (3 credits)
- EDCI 818 - Theoretical Models of Reading (3 credits)
- EDCI 840 - Literacy Assessment (3 credits)
- EDCI 841 - Supporting Struggling Readers (3 credits)
- EDCI 930 - Leadership in Literacy (3 credits)
- EDCI 945 - Clinical Practicum in Reading (3 credits)
Upon completion of the curriculum for the reading specialist endorsement, individuals must apply for endorsement credentials. Teachers may renew their teaching license at the same time they apply for the reading endorsement by filling out the Reading Specialist Endorsement Form.