Educational Studies Bachelor's Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Educational Studies was developed for those who want to pursue a career in education but don’t require a teaching license. The degree prepares students to participate in the shaping and making of educational policy, as well as work with youth in non-school settings. Students looking to teach internationally or those that find the traditional classroom is not a good fit late in the process can also benefit from this degree.
The coursework in this program gives students insight into the current and future state of education, while the thematic focus and electives will allow students to personalize their program to meet their professional goals.
In addition to the curriculum, the program includes a formal internship experience that is personalized to align with each student’s individual needs.
The educational studies bachelor’s degree will prepare students for careers in:
- educational policy
- educational support roles, such as curriculum development
- postsecondary or higher education
- international teaching
- service organizations with educational initiatives
- educational and outreach programs, such as museums, parks, zoos, etc.
- pastoral and religious leadership or education
- outdoor adventure and educational activities
- training programs for public and private organizations
- Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach for America, or other volunteer organizations
- instructional coordination
- professional tutoring
- UNICEF or Amnesty International
Kansas State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools 30 N. LaSalle St. Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602.
The Professional Education Unit at Kansas State University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE).