Application Process for Professional Master of Business Administration Master’s Degree (PMBA)
1. Review Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the professional master of business administration (PMBA) master's degree, students must have already completed or meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of professional business experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 minimum GPA, 6 credits of undergraduate economics, 6 credits of undergraduate statistics or 3 credits of graduate statistics, and 3 credits of undergraduate business calculus
- GMAT required for those who do not meet the requirements for the waiver
- For non-native English speakers, a minimum of 550 on the TOEFL paper-based test (with a score of 57 in each section) or 215 on the computer-based test
- Admission to K-State Graduate School
2. Review Application Requirements
- U.S. Applicants
- Fall semester (begins in late August): August 1
- Spring semester (begins in late January): January 1
- Summer semester (begins in late May): May 1
- International Applicants
- Fall semester (begins in late August): January 8
- Spring semester (begins in late January): August 1
- Summer semester (begins in late May): December 1
Students who would like to get started right away but have missed the deadline may take classes as a nondegree-seeking student. Contact us for assistance.
- U.S. Applicants: $65
- International Applicants: $75
3. Prepare to Apply
Please be prepared to upload the following information when completing the online application.
- One-page statement of objectives
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Names and emails of three professional and/or academic references
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended
- Failure to list any colleges or universities from which you received a degree or enrolled in graduate coursework may result in dismissal from the university.
- If your transcripts are not in English, you must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- You will be asked for official transcripts after notification of admission.
Proof of English Proficiency
Students whose primary language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency during the application process by providing any one of the following official minimum test scores:
Scores must be self-reported within the application and official scores must be sent by the testing service to K-State.
Exception: students who have received a degree in the last two years from a U.S. college or university are not required to take any of the above English language proficiency exams.
Tip: select "Distance-Off Campus" and "Master's" on the Academic Information page. On the Program Selection page, select "Business Administration" followed by "Business Administration."Apply