The graduate certificate in public administration consists of 15 credit hours, including a selection of four out of the five core courses. If taking both POLSC 700 and POLSC 710, one can be used as an elective.
- POLSC 700 - Research Methods in Political Science
POLSC 710 - Policy Analysis and Evaluation
- POLSC 708 - Public Personnel Administration
- POLSC 735 - Public Organization Theory
- POLSC 737 - Public Budgeting
Students are required to take one elective course (3 credit hours). Other electives will be accepted in consultation with the director of the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program.
- POLSC 607 - Administrative Law
- POLSC 650 - Not-for-Profit Management
- POLSC 785 - Readings in Political Science
- POLSC 812 - Foundations of Security Studies
At the discretion of the MPA program director, up to 6 credit hours of equivalent graduate courses taken in other K-State graduate programs or at other universities may be accepted as core courses. To earn credit for an equivalent course, students must produce the course syllabus and must have obtained a B or above grade in the course.
All courses for the public administration graduate certificate are offered online. Additional courses available on campus may also be applied to the program.