Students who apply to the food science and industry bachelor's degree must have already earned a minimum of 30 semester credit hours with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (see the Minimum Requirements below). Students must earn a total of 126 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Of the 126 total credit hours, 30 credit hours must be taken from K-State, and 20 of the last 30 credit hours earned must be K-State courses. A maximum of 63 credit hours can be transferred from two-year colleges.
- View the Food Business and Operations Management (PDF) Option
- View the Industry and Technology (PDF) Option
30 college credits with a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA* and completion of the following courses:
- ENGL 100 Expository Writing I
- ENGL 200 Expository Writing II
- COMM 106 Public Speaking
- BIOL 198 Principles of Biology
- BIOL 455 General Microbiology
- CHM 210 Chemistry I
- CHM 220 Chemistry II
- MATH 205 General Calculus and Linear AlgebraOR
- MATH 220 Analytical Geometry and Calculus I
You can find a current listing of equivalent courses through K-State's transfer equivalency guide.