Application Process for Food Science and Industry Bachelor's Degree
1. Review Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the online food science and industry bachelor’s degree, students must have already completed or meet the following requirements:
- 30 college credits with a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA and completion of the following courses:
- ENGL 100 – Expository Writing I
- ENGL 200 – Expository Writing II
- COMM 106 – Public Speaking I
- MATH 205 – General Calculus and Linear Algebra OR MATH 220 Analytical Geometry and Calculus I
- BIOL 198 – Principles of Biology
- BIOL 455 – General Microbiology
- CHM 210 – Chemistry I
- CHM 220 – Chemistry II
- Reside within the U.S. (active duty U.S. military personnel and dependents are exempt)
View K-State’s transfer equivalency guide to see how previously completed courses will transfer.
2. Review Application Requirements
- Fall semester (begins in late August): August 1
- Spring semester (begins in late January): January 1
- Summer semester (begins in late May): May 1
The application, application fee and additional required documentation must be received by the application deadline. It takes 4-6 weeks for an application to be processed once all materials have been received.
- U.S. Applicants: $40
Returning K-State Students
Students who have not enrolled at K-State for at least one semester (excludes summer) must reapply. Students will not have to pay the application fee again or resend official required documentation unless additional college coursework has been completed since last enrolled at K-State.
4. Send Additional Documentation
Students are required to submit official college transcripts from each institution attended. A high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores are not required for this program.
Request official documents be mailed, faxed or sent via electronic transcript provider to:Office of AdmissionsKansas State University119 Anderson Hall919 Mid-Campus Drive NorthManhattan, KS 66506-0102Fax: 785-532-6393
Electronic transcript provider: email@example.com