This position works directly with prospective students interested in Kansas State University Global Campus online programs (graduate, undergraduate, credit, noncredit, and certificates). Interactions include handling incoming calls from prospective and current students, responding to inquiries and following up with prospective students via phone, email and in person in order to move them along in the admissions and enrollment funnels. This position requires exceptional customer services skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
The work in this position is complex and requires interpreting and applying university policies and guidelines. The incumbent must have deep knowledge of each academic program offered through K-State Global Campus. This position requires regular interactions with students, faculty and staff from various academic departments, university administrators and the general public.
This position is expected to work with little supervision and communicate regularly with his/her supervisor. The individual in this position must be able to solve student issues and answer questions while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of data and student records. The incumbent must be able to prioritize responsibilities.
This position reports to the Assistant Director for Recruitment at K-State Global Campus.
Recruitment – 85%
- Provide detailed information regarding K-State Global Campus online programs and courses to prospective students through phone calls, electronic correspondence and face to face with a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service.
- Actively recruit students who have shown an interest in the online programs offered through the K-State Global Campus by following up on leads through phone, email and appropriate mailings.
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective student referrals which require advanced attention. Field a wide range of inquiries, making referrals to internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding college information and student files.
- Interact with university faculty, staff, clients/students concerning K-State Global Campus programs and courses. Respond appropriately, effectively and in a timely manner to questions and requests for information.
- Use the K-State Student Information System (KSIS), EIS credit course database, K-State Global Campus website and other resources to access information required to effectively serve prospective and current students.
Educational Fairs/Recruiting Events – 5%
- Represent K-State Global Campus and K-State at recruiting events as assigned.
- Promote all K-State campus locations and programs to traditional and nontraditional prospective students.
- Follow-up with prospective students after educational events. Provide assistance as they determine the appropriate educational program.
Administration – 10%
- Ensure all incoming requests for information and correspondence with students are entered into the Customer Relations Management (CRM) system (Talisma).
- Maintain knowledge of K-State and Global Campus policies and programs. Be aware of critical and time-sensitive issues to determine what information requires immediate attention.
- Remain knowledgeable of all Global Campus online programs and student services (Financial Aid, Advising, etc.) and refer prospective students to the appropriate office to address academic and/or financial matters. Provide follow-up to ensure appropriate action was taken in a timely manner.
- Contribute to unit monthly and annual reports.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a higher education environment including knowledge and understanding of distance education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with educational student services
- Experience with learning management systems, electronic calendaring systems, and web-based customer relations management or recruitment programs
- Well-developed computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Access, Excel and Word
- Experience appropriately handling confidential information
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated success working independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated dependability and strong customer service experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policy and procedures, to think creatively, to problem solve effectively, and to comprise effective recruitment and yield strategies
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele, to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and to handle the demands of multiple deadlines and interruptions
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
- Valid driver's license upon employment
- Ability to travel in and outside the state of Kansas
- Ability to set-up a display booth including backdrop and collateral materials
Appointment conditions: Term, 12 month appointment (1.0 FTE)
Inclement weather designation: Nonessential
Salary rate: 08A $17.98-27.88/hour
Please note: the minimum pay rate for this position is $17.98/hour. Actual pay rate will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the pay rate range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Submit your application and required materials via the Kansas State University K-State Jobs applicant portal. http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/506660/admissions-representative
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by Feb. 20, 2019.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.