Market Intelligence Analyst
K-State Global Campus
Market Intelligence Analyst (Data Analyst)
This position is responsible for defining new niches and trends through the use of market research, assessment and business analysis for the development of innovative, high-quality educational products to fill those needs. The incumbent also uses evaluative skills and tools to recommend changes for the revitalization of existing curriculum. This position maintains an awareness of marketing and customer service practices and consults with university stakeholders as requested to research and recommend strategies for outreach to traditional and nontraditional students as appropriate. Through research, this position keeps abreast of trends in lifelong learning and provides information on those trends to Global Campus and other university stakeholders.
The market intelligence analyst will support program development strategy and positioning for Global Campus and Kansas State University and will provide insights into opportunities for market differentiation for enrollment growth.
This position reports to the Global Campus director of marketing and business analytics.
Market Research and Analysis - 55%
- Utilize the Emsi Analyst tool to conduct market analysis for both new and existing programs and develop recommendations for program development or revitalization as needed.
- Conduct database, secondary and primary research and analyze data to determine market trends and demand and contribute to program development and revision strategies.
- Conduct environmental scans to assess the viability of existing, new and/or proposed programs based on industry trends and competitive activity.
- Research and report new educational trends and opportunities offered by peer and aspirational educational institutions.
- Provide written and oral reports to share market research findings and recommendations.
- Research and disseminate best and emerging practices in new higher education market research methods, including the use of new datasets such as Labor Market Information.
- Serve as the Global Campus liaison and manager of research firm memberships to include administration of custom research projects.
Program Review and Forecasting - 30%
- Analyze and improve current program development and marketing strategies by providing in-depth information and interpretation of target markets (personas), market position and competitive insight.
- Assist with data collection and maintenance of program benchmarking data sets.
- Provide financial analysis and forecasting for new program opportunities using established models.
- Conduct research on emerging trends in higher education and provide written recommendations of future opportunities.
Program Development Support - 10%
- Develop and maintain familiarity with K-State courses, programs and assets and match niche markets with K-State resources.
- Utilize Labor Market Information and related analytical tools to identify emerging program and training opportunities based on in-demand workforce skills and competencies.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to make programming recommendations based on research and analysis conducted.
- Prepare information for presentations to stakeholders.
- Provide research on the feasibility of programs for grant-funded proposals.
K-State Global Campus and University Service – 5%
- Represent Global Campus and the university at local, regional and national meetings and events and make presentations to stakeholders as requested.
- Serve fully on unit, K-State Global Campus or university goal teams, committees, task forces, etc., as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or closely related field
- Three years of experience in market research and analysis or related field
- Demonstrated ability to successfully research, plan and evaluate education trends
- Experience in researching skills, skills clustering and competencies
- Experience in financial analysis
- Experience in higher education
- Highly developed computer skills to include utilization of database programs and Microsoft Suite programs such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Experience developing and delivering concise and thorough reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of marketing channels, including digital and web-based
- Ability to clearly communicate insights and relevant findings to stakeholders
- Familiarity with marketing and analysis tools and resources
- Quantitative and electronic analytical skills
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong public speaking, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Other Requirements and Information
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
- Kansas State University encourages all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. While the University is not under a vaccine requirement at this time, please know that a requirement may be issued in the future which may require all employees to be vaccinated. Employees are expected to adhere to all university policies related to COVID-19.
Appointment conditions: Unclassified, regular, exempt 12-month appointment
Inclement weather designation: Non-essential
Anticipated hiring range: $50,490-66,000/year
Please note: the minimum pay rate for this position is $50,490/year. Actual pay rate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the pay rate range.
Work location: This is a remote position with K-State Global Campus. Employees must reside in the United States in order to comply with all federal, state and local payroll withholding taxes and wage requirements. The employee is expected to maintain a home office or other approved location (in accordance with university policy) from which they would work. K-State Global Campus operates on Central time. Applicants may review the university’s remote work policy here. Details of an individual’s remote work arrangement will be finalized with selected candidates directly as part of the hiring process.
Submit your application and required materials via the K-State Jobs applicant portal. https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/511910/market-intelligence-analyst
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by Jan. 3, 2022.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background check required.