Market Intelligence Analyst
K-State Global Campus
Market Intelligence Analyst (Program/Project Administrator)
This position is responsible for defining new niches and trends through the use of market research, assessment and business analysis for the development of innovative, high-quality educational products to fill those needs. The incumbent also uses evaluative skills and tools to recommend changes for the revitalization of existing curriculum. This position maintains an awareness of marketing and customer service practices and consults with the director of marketing as requested to recommend strategies for outreach to distance and nontraditional students and other clients as appropriate. Through research, this position keeps abreast of trends in lifelong learning and provides information on those trends to Global Campus and other university staff.
The market intelligence analyst will support program development strategy and positioning for Global Campus and Kansas State University and will provide insights into opportunities for market differentiation for enrollment growth.
This position reports to the director for program development.
Market Research and Analysis - 65%
- Conduct database, secondary and primary research and analyze data to determine market trends and demand and contribute to program development and revision strategies.
- Conduct environmental scans to assess the viability of existing, new and/or proposed programs based on industry trends and competitive activity.
- Research and report new educational trends and opportunities offered by peer and aspirational educational institutions.
- Provide written and oral reports to share market research findings and recommendations.
- Research and disseminate best and emerging practices in new higher education market research methods, including the use of new datasets such as Labor Market Information.
- Serve as the Global Campus liaison and manager of research firm memberships to include administration of custom research projects.
Program Review and Forecasting – 20%
- Analyze and improve current program development and marketing strategies by providing in-depth information and interpretation of target markets (personas), market position and competitive insight.
- Provide financial analysis and forecasting for new program opportunities using established models.
Program Development Support - 10%
- Develop and maintain familiarity with K-State courses, programs and assets and match niche markets with K-State resources.
- Utilize Labor Market Information and related analytical tools to identify emerging program and training opportunities based on in-demand workforce skills and competencies.
- Work collaboratively with the director for program development to make programming recommendations based on research and analysis conducted.
- Prepare information for presentations to stakeholders.
- Provide research on the feasibility of programs for grant-funded proposals.
K-State Global Campus and University Service - 5%
- Represent Global Campus and the university at local, regional and national meetings and events and make presentations to stakeholders as requested.
- Serve fully on unit, K-State Global Campus or university goal teams, committees, task forces, etc. as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
- One year of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or closely related field
- Three years of experience in market research and analysis or related field
- Demonstrated ability to successfully research, plan and evaluate education trends
- Experience in researching skills, skills clustering and competencies
- Experience in financial analysis
- Experience in higher education
- Highly-developed computer skills to include utilization of database programs and Microsoft Suite programs such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Experience developing and delivering concise and thorough reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of marketing channels, including digital and web-based
- Ability to clearly communicate insights and relevant findings to stakeholders
- Familiarity with marketing and analysis tools and resources
- Quantitative and electronic analytical skills
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong public speaking, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Appointment conditions: Unclassified, regular, exempt 12-month appointment
Inclement weather designation: Non-essential
Salary range: $42,930-66,530/year
Please note: the minimum pay rate for this position is $42,930/year. Actual pay rate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the pay rate range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Submit your application and required materials via the Kansas State University K-State Jobs applicant portal. https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/508083/market-intelligence-analyst
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by Sept. 27, 2019.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.