Director of Recruitment (Director II, Academic Student Services)
K-State Global Campus
Director of Recruitment (Director II, Academic Student Services)
This position is responsible for directing all recruitment initiatives for K-State Global Campus. The incumbent participates as part of the leadership team and utilizes direction from that team to develop and implement recruitment strategy to meet Global Campus enrollment goals. This position will be tasked to think creatively and to explore and implement new avenues of recruiting and communicating with prospective credit and noncredit students.
This position is the administrator for the customer relations management (CRM) system with responsibility for developing and implementing recruitment campaigns through the system. The incumbent will gather, analyze, report and lead initiatives to act on prospective student data to improve recruitment efforts.
The person in this position supervises and provides direction for professional staff tasked with carrying out recruitment activities.
This position reports to the dean of K-State Global Campus.
Recruitment Strategy Development and Management – 45%
- Develop the annual strategic recruitment plan and direct the implementation of the plan by recruitment staff.
- Design and develop outbound digital, phone and in-person recruitment strategies to meet Global Campus enrollment goals.
- Provide feedback to the leadership team regarding recruitment strategies, specifically with regard to each stage of the recruitment funnel.
- Collaborate with university partners for coordination of recruitment efforts and use of recruitment tools. Remain knowledgeable of K-State admissions processes and procedures.
- Provide information about K-State Global Campus programs to key campus partners.
- Manage off-site recruitment efforts including representation at education and job fairs and at appropriate industry-specific recruiting events. Staff recruiting events as needed.
- Develop benchmarks and key metrics for recruitment data. Analyze this data to assess the effectiveness of current recruitment strategies. Make and implement recommendations to improve processes associated with recruitment to enhance prospective student satisfaction and to improve yield across the admissions life-cycle.
- Collaborate with Global Campus staff and partners to remain knowledgeable of all programs offered, admissions requirements and deadlines and ensure staff are trained on this information.
- Supervise on and off-site professional recruitment staff. This includes hiring, training, updating staff on new procedures, assigning and evaluating workload and preparation of annual performance goals and reviews.
- Ensure staff remain knowledgeable of all Global Campus online programs and student services (financial aid, advising, etc.) to refer prospective students to the appropriate office to address academic and/or financial matters and provide follow-up to ensure appropriate action was taken in a timely manner.
- Serve as the top level point of contact for prospective student referrals which require advanced attention. Field a wide range of inquiries, making referrals to internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Collaborate and strategize with marketing unit to develop strategies to increase the diversity of application pool.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding college information and student files.
Customer Relations Management System Administration – 30%
- Administer the customer relationship management (CRM) system for Global Campus.
- Utilize the CRM to develop, test, implement and monitor multi-step campaigns for the prospective student population to promote programs offered through Global Campus.
- Assess and analyze CRM operations to track, investigate issues and provide recommendations for optimizing and customizing the system to accomplish Global Campus and university goals for recruitment outcomes.
- Provide support and training for Global Campus CRM users on all aspects of the system including records management and business operations.
- Serve the university CRM strategic team through leadership and participation in enterprise-wide CRM initiatives.
Supervision – 10%
- Supervise professional recruitment staff.
- Guide and manage the day to day administrative processes of the recruitment team.
- Provide leadership for the training and professional development of recruitment staff.
- Ensure that staff initiate and maintain timely, effective and personal relationships with prospective students throughout the recruitment process.
- Work to provide seamless service to all students, faculty, and staff.
K-State Global Campus/University Responsibilities – 15%
- Represent Global Campus and the university with internal and external partners.
- Serve as a member of the university CRM strategic team.
- Provide oversight of Global Campus recruitment activities relative to compliance with federal privacy regulations (FERPA) and financial aid regulations as well as university and state policies. Arrange training for staff as needed to address compliance matters.
- Create and maintain a high level of professionalism in the recruitment unit to project a positive image of K-State Global Campus to the public, especially to prospective students.
- Develop the recruitment annual budget, participate in budgeting process, monitor budgets and prepare for and participate in periodic budget review meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Global Campus leadership cabinet.
- Participate in committees or projects within K-State Global Campus, the university and/or professional organizations. Represent K-State Global Campus at regional/national continuing education association meetings.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to include opportunities related to recruitment, diversity events, leadership programs and other campus programs to expand knowledge base.
- Actively engage with K-State Global Campus strategic goal assignments and complete K-State Global Campus goals as assigned.
- Be familiar with the K-State Global Campus emergency plan, ensure recruitment staff are familiar with the plan and be prepared to follow the plan if needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to ten years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in student personnel, marketing or similar field
- Three to five years’ experience managing recruitment
- Three to five years’ experience with educational student services
- Experience developing and implementing plans for student recruitment
- Experience with administration of customer management or recruitment software, experience with Slate CRM a plus
- Experience creating and running periodic reports and analyzing data
- Experience appropriately handling confidential information
- Well-developed computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Access, Excel, and Word
- Experience leading the work of a team with a proven record of goal achievement
- Demonstrated dependability and customer service experience
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with learning management systems, electronic calendaring systems, and web-based customer relations management programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policy and procedures and to problem solve effectively
- Familiarity with educational student services
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele, to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to handle the demands of multiple deadlines and interruptions
- Ability to work in diverse and changing environments
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and comprise effective recruitment and yield strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of distance education
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
- Ability to travel within and outside the state of Kansas
- Ability to set-up a display booth including backdrop and collateral materials
Appointment Conditions: Unclassified, regular, exempt, 12-month appointment
Inclement weather designation: Non-essential
Salary range: 10A $51,500-82,358 /year
Anticipated hiring range: $51,500-67,000/year
Work location: This is a remote position with K-State Global Campus. Employees must reside in the United States in order to comply with all federal, state and local payroll withholding taxes and wage requirements. The employee is expected to maintain a home office or other approved location (in accordance with university policy) from which they would work. K-State Global Campus operates on Central time. Applicants may review the university’s remote work policy here. Details of an individual’s remote work arrangement will be finalized with the selected candidate directly as part of the hiring process.
Submit your application and required materials via the K-State Jobs applicant portal. https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/513277/director-ii-academic-student-services
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 1, 2022.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background check required.