Associate Dean for Online Strategic Enrollment Management
Associate Dean for Online Strategic Enrollment Management (Associate Dean, Global Campus)
This position serves as the associate dean for enrollment management and marketing at Kansas State University Global Campus. The person in this position demonstrates high level administrative capabilities including management of competing priorities, budget management, staffing, effective conflict resolution, team building, strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
The associate dean position is responsible for leading enrollment growth in online programs offered through K-State Global Campus. The incumbent serves as a visionary strategist and change agent, reaching markets to grow enrollment in new and innovative ways. The associate dean is an innovative thinker who can critically assess Global Campus’s current position and offer a compelling vision for the future.
With a focus on online learners, the incumbent develops and deploys a comprehensive strategy that engages prospective and current students through marketing, recruitment, retention, student services, military student engagement and academic advising. This position works closely with the dean, Global Campus leadership, university administrators and external constituents to strategically position Global Campus to respond to the needs of 21st century learners.
The associate dean will have a student-centered passion and drive for serving the needs of adult learners and will serve as an insightful, collaborative and persuasive spokesperson for online learning enrollment management initiatives. The person in this position demonstrates high-level administrative capabilities, including management of competing priorities, budget management, staffing, team building, effective conflict resolution, strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
This position reports directly to the dean of Global Campus.
Enrollment Management - 35%
- Develop, implement and evaluate a dynamic, forward-looking and comprehensive multi-year strategic enrollment management plan for Global Campus, ensuring a strong link between student demand as well as Global Campus and university priorities. Ensure the plan is adaptive to the changing landscape.
- Establish growth goals and key performance indicators that track enrollment goals, metrics and outcomes.
- Utilize current trends, best practices and previous experience, employing a data-informed approach in all aspects of enrollment management and marketing to meet enrollment goals.
- Lead the development of data analytics to support strategic enrollment management and develop predictive models for enrollment.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with others on campus to work collaboratively in achieving enrollment goals.
- Align Global Campus market research, marketing strategy and implementation, and recruiting efforts to provide a cohesive, seamless, collaborative effort for student recruitment.
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate decision support tools for online learners.
- Review enrollment and retention data, analyze reports to detect positive/negative performance trends, disseminate information to the strategic enrollment management team and to responsible units to determine action plans for sustaining and growing Global Campus enrollments. Lead data-informed, just-in-time micro-adjustments to the enrollment funnel to shape enrollment directions as needed and to ensure targets are achieved.
- Work with appropriate units and staff to lead implementation of online student retention efforts.
- Identify barriers to recruitment and retention for online learners and work collaboratively across the institution to remove those barriers to include policy and procedure review and updating.
Marketing Management - 15%
- Monitor the local, regional, national and global marketplace for new marketing ideas and avenues.
- Provide oversight to the marketing unit for defining student personas and market profiles to determine market positioning and strategy for Global Campus programs. Participate in annual reviews to make necessary adjustments to fit marketplace needs.
- Review and approve the annual marketing plan and related strategies, including global marketing and high-intensity invest promotional plans, prior to implementation to ensure appropriate marketing strategies are identified and developed in a timely manner.
- Oversee a plan for repurposing content to meet multi-faceted marketing needs.
- Maintain regular communication with college leadership and the university’s Division of Communications and Marketing to ensure ongoing collaborative working relationships.
- Approve press releases and other public statements.
Recruitment - 15%
- Oversee recruitment strategy, monitor progress and adjust as needed throughout the year.
- Develop a comprehensive CRM strategy for recruitment and retention for adult learners.
- Provide leadership for student recruiting and prospective student management through the recruitment unit.
- Remain aware of current and emerging recruitment practices and lead efforts to leverage technology to achieve recruitment goals.
- Oversee a multi-faceted communication flow and scoring processes in the university’s CRM in collaboration with university stakeholders.
Student Success and Advising Management - 15%
- Assist the director of student success and advising as needed in working with K-State resources for online student services.
- Recommend and oversee the development and implementation of services for online students.
- Oversee the maintenance of thorough records of student issues and resolutions. Assist with FERPA issues, student death notifications and other student issues identified by the Office of Student Life.
- Consult as needed on communications with students and faculty.
- Maintain communications with military education services offices.
- Work with the K-State Global Campus dean’s office to develop and process agreements with the Department of Defense.
Supervision and Staff Leadership - 10%
- Supervise the director of the marketing unit, the assistant director of recruitment and the director of the student success and advising unit, providing leadership for marketing, recruitment and student services strategy development and implementation.
- Formulate ideas and develop strategies to improve operational performance relative to internal and external benchmarks.
- Effectively manage teams to build upon the strengths of individuals, develop strategies to overcome deficiencies and set clear expectations.
- Oversee the assignment and progress of Global Campus goals for all supervised staff.
- Nurture staff development through professional development opportunities and mentoring, set staff performance objectives through annual goals, evaluate outcomes and maintain accountability for assigned areas.
- Integrate existing and emerging technologies that enhance and support the recruitment and retention efforts.
- Advocate for and support supervised staff to create an environment of collaboration, agility, engagement and participation.
Service to K-State Global Campus, Kansas State University and the Profession - 10%
- Support and uphold the K-State Global Campus mission, vision and values.
- Represent the Global Campus dean as requested. Meet on a regular basis with the dean, complete assigned projects and share pertinent information.
- Serve on the Global Campus leadership cabinet. Contribute to efforts such as strategic planning, annual goal setting, policy discussion, retreats and meetings with other entities. Attend regularly scheduled meetings, complete reports and contribute information when requested.
- Collaborate to develop annual Global Campus goals and follow through with goal teams to ensure timely progress toward meeting the goal objectives; complete assigned K-State Global Campus goals.
- Lead Global Campus strategic enrollment management team meetings.
- Actively monitor and provide recommendations for unit budgets, prioritizing needs with finite resources. Participate in quarterly budget review sessions for units supervised and in the development of the annual Global Campus budget.
- Communicate and collaborate with university constituents on behalf of Global Campus.
- Participate on Global Campus and university boards, councils, committees and projects as elected and/or assigned.
- Serve in professional associations as elected and/or assigned.
- Represent K-State Global Campus and Kansas State University by presenting at local, regional or national conferences and seeking publishing opportunities as appropriate.
- Participate in approved professional development activities to stay informed on issues pertinent to online learning, micro-credentialing, continuing education, distance delivery and higher education.
- Research, prepare and present reports as requested.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree
- Five years of relevant experience
- Experience managing a full-time professional team with the ability to supervise, train, motivate, and mentor staff in a high-performing organization
- Experience in budget development and fiscal management with demonstrated ability to grow revenue streams
- Earned doctoral degree
- Five (5) years of relevant and progressive senior-level administrative and leadership experience in the public or private sector, with an outstanding record of achievement in high-level leadership positions
- Proven leadership in developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan
- Demonstrates a proven track record of success motivating teams toward a common goal in achieving enrollment growth for multiple audiences
- Strong knowledge of the lead acquisition industry and persistence with paid advertising, conversion marketing and the latest interactive technologies
- Experience marketing to and recruiting local, regional, national and international audiences
- Demonstrated advocacy for online and nontraditional student services
- Innovative and adept at promoting current academic programs, as well as bringing forth recommendations for new recruitment ideas, marketing strategies and retention initiatives
- Experience administering voluntary education programs within United States Department of Defense installations
- Experience using innovative-thinking, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Demonstrated success collaborating effectively with key partners, including but not limited to faculty, staff, senior administrators, students and off-campus partners
- Experience leading successful change efforts, including continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Proficiency utilizing electronic technology to include Microsoft Office suite programs, constituent relationship management (CRM) and content management systems
- Active participation in appropriate professional organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of key performance indicators, metrics, and data/predictive analytics to support planning, decision-making and continuous improvement efforts
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify the appropriate analytical processes for addressing particular issues, arrive at supportable recommendations, build consensus, and ensure successful implementation
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Understanding of and sensitivity to diversity issues related to effective communication and interaction with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds, age ranges, social backgrounds, experience levels and more
- Knowledge of higher education academic standards, policies, structure and governance
- A tolerance for ambiguity and a willingness to manage diverse and frequently changing assignments, particularly the ability to do so with a positive attitude in a high-task environment
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Appointment conditions: Unclassified, regular, exempt, 12-month appointment
Inclement weather designation: Non-essential
Salary range: $86,690-143,040/year
Submit your application and required materials via the Kansas State University K-State Jobs applicant portal.
Contact Lindsey Fouquette at 785-532-1457 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
The search committee will accept applications and nominations until Dec. 8, 2019. The committee will begin identifying candidates to interview on Dec. 11 and initial interviews will take place the week of Dec. 16, 2019.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.