Title: Assistant Director, Conference Management Services
Section: Conference Management Services
Address: 1615 Anderson Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502
Office: 225 Global Campus Building
- Supervises meeting planning staff.
- Assists with design, development, execution and evaluation of long- and short-range strategic plans for unit.
- Develops administrative and business processes and procedures.
- Coordinates and manages conferences and professional development programs for university and external partners.
- Oversees unit marketing initiatives.
Debbie joined K-State Global Campus in 2001 as a program assistant for distance education programs and conferences for the College of Education. In 2003 she was promoted to program coordinator, where her primary assignment was conference coordination for the College of Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension. She has also chaired the marketing review committee and served on the Cornerstone Marketing group for Global Campus. She was promoted to assistant director in 2012.
Debbie is a member of the University Professional and Continuing Education Association. She has held various offices at the regional level, including regional chair in 2013-2014. In 2014 she received the John L. Christopher Outstanding Leadership Award from the UPCEA Central Region. She is also a member of the Association of Collegiate Conference and Events Directors International.
Debbie is a 2011 graduate of the Leadership Manhattan program and the Coffman Leadership Institute class of 2016.