Cara M. Richardson
Title: Meeting Planner
Section: Conference Management Services
Address: 1615 Anderson Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502
Office: 224 Global Campus
- Coordination and management of conferences and professional development programs for university and external partners.
- Development of new conferences based on educational and professional development needs and growth opportunities.
- Fiscal management of multiple event accounts.
- Negotiation and preparation of contracts for assigned events.
- Represent K-State Global Campus on internal, university and national committees as requested.
Cara Richardson joined the Conference Management Services team at Kansas State University Global Campus in October 2016. In her role as meeting planner, she is responsible for the development, planning and facilitation of a wide variety of educational conferences, seminars and noncredit programs.
Cara received a B.S. in Clothing and Textiles with a minor in Business Administration from Kansas State University.
Prior to joining K-State Global Campus, Cara was the special events director for the College of Health and Human Sciences at Kansas State University for 16 years. In her role there, she provided leadership and oversaw all aspects of planning, coordinating, implementing and enhancing numerous special events and activities that helped support college advancement by cultivating and stewarding students, faculty, staff, alumni and major benefactors.
Outside of work, Cara enjoys time with her husband, and their two beautiful children. She enjoys gardening, yoga and spending time with her family.