Title: Academic Advisor
Section: Student and Faculty Services
Address: 1615 Anderson Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502
Office: 145 Global Campus Building
- Advises students in the Nutrition and Health, Interdisciplinary Social Science and General Human Ecology distance programs
- Constructs curriculum guides for current students and maintains updated copies in student files through graduation
- Addresses prospective and returning student inquiries
- Refines and facilitates targeted campaigns for retention initiatives
- Connects students to resources for success to help achieve their academic goals
Ashley Blake serves as academic advisor to undergraduate students in the distance Nutrition and Health, General Human Ecology and Interdisciplinary Social Science programs. Academic advising primarily consists of evaluating coursework and helping students understand what requirements they have remaining for degree completion, then working with them each semester to ensure they are taking appropriate classes through graduation. She also works with prospective students who are interested in any of these programs. As retention coordinator, Ashley generates and refines outreach campaigns utilizing systems such as EAB SSC and KSIS to continually increase the number of re-enrollments.
Ashley serves on several student service goal teams in Global Campus. She is an active member of the world-wide academic advising association, NACADA, as well as the K-State advisor forum. She also serves as staff advisor for K-State’s chapter of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
Ashley holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology and a Master of Science degree in Academic Advising, both from Kansas State University.
Ashley and her husband, Cody, have one son.