Testing and Exams
If you are a distance student, exams for your course can be facilitated several different ways.
Your exams may require a proctor, however some courses do not. Look for an email from the Student and Faculty Services office to see if you are required to find a proctor. In order to accommodate all testers, we ask that the Examination Proctor Agreement be submitted by the proctor as early in the semester as possible. We ask that the student submit the form if they plan on using ProctorU or the Manhattan, KS Global Campus Testing Center.
Choosing Your Proctor
Some proctoring services may require a testing fee. Any testing fees will be the responsibility of the student.
- Testing facility at a University or Community College campus (Please reference the NCTA site for some available options. This list is not an exhaustive list of acceptable testing centers.)
- County Agent (Extension Office)
- Adult Learning Center
- Sylvan Learning Center/Huntington Learning Center (or equivalent)
- Federal Government Agency (if military personnel are overseas/deployed, we will approve on a case by case basis)
Or the following at-home option:
- ProctorU (at home proctoring service)
Student and Faculty Services Testing Center in Manhattan, Kansas
The K-State Global Campus Student and Faculty Services office can proctor your exams in our on-campus testing center in Manhattan, Kan. at no charge. Your exam appointment must be made in advance by phone at the number below.
Student and Faculty Services
Testing Center Location: 146 College Court Building
Phone: 785-532-5575 or toll free 1-800-622-2578
* White U-shaped building next to the Holiday Inn. Enter through the center courtyard using either Entrance C or D.
Who Cannot Be a Proctor
The following list are those individuals who cannot serve as proctors:
- Relative, partner or spouse
- Co-worker, business associate or supervisor
- Friend or peer
- Kansas State University student
Exam Proctoring Expectations
- Proctors who do not fit the list of appropriate proctors will be refused.
- Proctors may expect payment for this service.
- Discuss the number of exams and length of each with your proctor, as it requires a time commitment.
- Verify your proctor will be available for all of your exams.
- Your proctor must agree to return exams in a timely manner.
After Finding Your Proctor
- Have your proctor complete the Examination Proctor Agreement.
- Submit your proctor form before classes begin. Failure to do so will slow your course progression.
- Confirmation will be sent to you and your proctor upon approval.