Alpha Sigma Lambda
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society (ASL) is a nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of scholarship and leadership for nontraditional learners. Founded in 1945-46, ASL honors those dedicated adult students who, while adroitly handling their life responsibilities, achieve and maintain high scholastic standards. ASL is the oldest and largest chapter-based honor society for full- and part-time undergraduate adult students. Omega Xi is the Kansas State University chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda.
Who can become a member?
Students must meet the following membership criteria:
- currently enrolled nontraditional student with a minimum of 24 credit hours completed toward an undergraduate degree program at Kansas State University
- 3.2 cumulative GPA or better
How do I become a member?
Students are inducted by invitation only during the spring semester of each year. Invited students are required to pay a $30 fee to become a member. Once a member, you have a free lifetime membership.
What are the benefits of joining?
- become part of a premier nationally recognized honor society with more than 60 years of history
- build pride through recognition for achieving high scholastic honors
- access to scholarship opportunities
- receive a membership certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
- opportunity to participate in our annual induction ceremony on the Manhattan campus
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact one of the Omega Xi chapter counselors.
Omega Xi Chapter Counselor
Student Services Coordinator
Kansas State University