Application Process for Family Studies and Human Services Bachelor’s Degree
1. Review Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the online family studies and human services bachelor’s degree, students must have already completed or meet the following requirements:
- Students with fewer than 24 completed college credit hours must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and meet the Kansas State University Office of Admissions requirements for new freshman.
- Students with 24 or more completed college credit hours must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Although not required for admission, students having already completed the following courses will progress through the program more efficiently as these are prerequisite courses for the core curriculum.
- ENGL 100 – Expository Writing I
- ENGL 200 – Expository Writing II
- COMM 106 – Public Speaking I
- Life science (biology, biochemistry or physical anthropology)
- MATH 100 – College Algebra
- STAT 325 – Introduction to Statistics
View K-State’s transfer equivalency guide to see how previously completed courses will transfer.
2. Review Application Requirements
- Fall semester (begins in late August): June 1
- Spring semester (begins in late January): November 1
- Summer semester (begins in late May): April 1
The application, application fee and additional required documentation must be received by the application deadline. It takes 4-6 weeks for an application to be processed once all materials have been received.
- U.S. Applicants: $40
- International Applicants: $80
Returning K-State Students
Students who have not enrolled at K-State for at least one semester (excludes summer) must reapply. Students will not have to pay the application fee again or resend official required documentation unless additional college coursework has been completed since last enrolled at K-State.
4. Send Additional Documentation
Students with fewer than 24 completed college credit hours are required to submit an official high school transcript or GED equivalent, ACT or SAT scores, and college transcripts from each institution attended. Exception: students who are 21 or older are not required to submit ACT or SAT scores.
Students with 24 or more completed college credit hours are only required to submit official college transcripts from each institution attended.
Request official documents be mailed, faxed or sent via electronic transcript provider to:Office of AdmissionsKansas State University119 Anderson Hall919 Mid-Campus Drive NorthManhattan, KS 66506-0102Fax: 785-532-6393
Electronic transcript provider: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof of English Proficiency
Students whose primary language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency during the application process by providing any one of the following official minimum test scores:
Exception: students who have completed four years in a U.S. high school with grades of C or better in all college preparatory English courses or who have earned 24 credit hours from a regionally accredited U.S. institution with grades of C or better in English Composition I and II are not required to take any of the above English language proficiency exams.
Note: student-issued or personal copies of transcripts or test scores are not considered official records and will not be accepted.