Admission Requirements for the Master of Engineering Management Program
Admission to the Master of Engineering Management degree program with full standing requires that the applicant meet the Graduate School's admission requirements and the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or natural science
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above for the last 60 hours of courses taken
- A calculus course
- A statistics course
- At least three years of full-time industrial (work) experience by the time they complete the program
- A score of 750 (old scoring system)/159 (new scoring system) or above on the quantitative portion of the GRE (International Students only)
- Meet the Graduate School's English language proficiency requirements.
Students not meeting these requirements may be considered if they can demonstrate equivalent evidence of an appropriate background. Contact the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering to discuss.
The application and admission process takes two to three months to complete. Distance students should plan to apply within that timeframe or earlier before the semester in which they wish to start their program. Application review will not begin until all transcripts, application fees and other supporting documents are received.
How to Apply
View admission details, transcript information and apply for the program through the K-State Graduate School application process. The website also includes an orientation to distance learning at Kansas State University.
Nondegree-seeking students may take courses (up to 9 credit hours) without formally applying to the master's degree program.