Admission Requirements for the Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) for Adult Learners Graduate Certificate Program
Students who wish to enroll must be admitted to the K-State Graduate School. A student with a bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 from an accredited institution can expect to be admitted to the program.
For Domestic Students
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
For International Students
- January 1 for Fall (August enrollment)
- August 1 for Spring (January enrollment)
- December 1 for Summer (June enrollment)
How to Apply
Students seeking this certificate must submit a Graduate School application indicating the field of study will be the Teaching English as Second Language for Adult Learners graduate certificate program. This is a separate application from the one for admission into a master's degree. In addition to the Graduate School application, applicants need to submit the following:
- An official transcript for the bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or international equivalent, and for any subsequent undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- A statement of objectives explaining the goals and purposes for seeking this graduate certificate.
- Applicants to this certificate program who are second language learners themselves must submit documents with the application materials indicating that they meet the Graduate School English Proficiency Requirement.