Required Courses (18 credit hours)
- EDCI 816 - Approaches to Reading Instruction (3 credits)
- EDCI 818 - Theoretical Models of Reading Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 840 - Literacy Assessment Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 841 - Supporting Struggling Readers Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 930 - Leadership in Literacy Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 945 - Clinical Practicum in Reading Credits (3 credits)
Upon completion of the curriculum for the reading specialist endorsement, individuals must apply for endorsement credentials. Teachers may renew their teaching license at the same time they apply for the reading endorsement by filling out the Reading Specialist Endorsement Form (PDF).