Admission Requirements for the Educational Leadership Master's Degree Program
To be eligible for this program, applicants must have relevant prior teacher preparation equivalent to K-State's programs for licensure to teach in preschool, elementary or secondary schools (e.g., a professional teaching license).
Exceptions may be made when the applicant's career goals clearly align with other course work offered in this department.
For Domestic Students
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
For International Students
- January 1 for Fall (August enrollment)
- August 1 for Spring (January enrollment)
- December 1 for Summer (June enrollment)
View admission details, transcript information and apply for the program through the K-State Graduate School application process. The website also includes an orientation to distance learning at Kansas State University.
To apply, you must submit a completed Graduate School Application through the Office of Graduate Studies. In addition, you must also provide:
- A statement of goals and professional experience, which must include your reasons for seeking this degree, your intended area of specialization within the program, past and present employment and future professional plans.
- One official transcript from the institution awarding your bachelor's degree. (Your bachelor's degree must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution.)
- If you have completed graduate credits, one official transcript from all institutions at which the graduate credits were earned.
- A completed self-survey for the M.S. Admission Standards Form.
The application materials are to be submitted with the electronic application.
Graduate School Application Fee
Domestic Students: $65 application fee is required; your application will not be processed without this fee. Please make a check out to the K-State Graduate School and include it with your application. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card.
International Students: $75 application fee is required; your application will not be processed without this fee. Please pay with an international cashier's check or money order (in U.S. funds) to the K-State Graduate School and include it with your application. We cannot accept cash or personal checks from international students. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit a current TOEFL score (Test of English as Foreign Language).