Teaching Civics and Government
The teaching civics and government area of specialization in the Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction satisfies a national need for high quality professional development in civic education. K-12 teachers will be able to advance their understanding of political ideas and how to teach them. All course work is available online and can be taken for graduate credit.
Learn more about the teaching civics and government area of study:
- Tom Vontz, Associate Professor, Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education, Kansas State University
- Robert Leming, Director, We the People: The Citizen and the Constitution, Center for Civic Education
- John Patrick, Professor Emeritus of Education, Indiana University
- Charles White, Associate Professor of Education, Boston University
- Stephen Schechter, Professor of Political Science, Department of History and Society, Russell Sage College
To register as a credit student:
- Follow the enrollment instructions found on the How to Enroll webpage.
- Search for "civic education" on the Course Search webpage.