Required Courses (18 credit hours)
- EDCI 816 - Approaches to Reading Instruction (3 credits)
- EDCI 818 - Theoretical Models of Reading Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 840 - Literacy Assessment Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 841 - Supporting Struggling Readers Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 930 - Leadership in Literacy Credits (3 credits)
- EDCI 945 - Clinical Practicum in Reading Credits (3 credits)
Course descriptions can be viewed under Curriculum and Instruction, Section G3 in the Graduate Catalog. See when courses are offered at https://coe.k-state.edu/academics/endorse/reading-specialist.html.
All areas of specialization areas within the curriculum and instruction master’s degree require three hours in each of the following core areas: curriculum, teaching and learning, diversity, educational technology, and research/scholarship. In addition, at least 15 hours in an area of specialization are required. All students are required to complete the Master’s Project (1 credit).