- EDACE 765 - Adult Learners and Integrating Technology into Curriculum (3 credits)
- EDACE 785 - Designing Classroom Instruction and Curriculum for Adult Learners (3 credits)
- EDACE 790 - Characteristics of Adult Learners (3 credits)
- EDACE 847 - Adult Learning and Motivation (3 credits)
- EDACE 875 - Program Evaluation (3 credits)
There are no prerequisites for any of the adult learning certificate program courses, and there is no specific order in which the courses must be completed. However, it is strongly recommended that students complete EDACE 790 - Characteristics of the Adult Learner prior to EDACE 847 - Adult Learning and Motivation. Courses are offered on a rotation basis. Students may take courses in the order that works best for them.
All course work is offered at a distance via K-State Online, the course management system at Kansas State University. Classes are made up of readings, videos, discussion boards and other online learning activities. Classes vary in format. Students may work on group projects using appropriate digital media tools or independently, yet share comments and questions via K-State Online.
Courses are delivered on an eight-week time frame. This allows students to complete two courses each fall and spring while only concentrating on one course at a time. Summer terms are also eight weeks, but there could be an overlap if students pursue two courses.