Admission Requirements for the Adult and Continuing Education Master's Degree Program
Prospective or practicing educational leaders at all levels may be admitted either as degree seekers or nondegree seekers. Basic admission requires acceptance by the K-State Graduate School.
Full admission to a master's degree program in adult and continuing education requires:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- GPA of at least 3.0 on the last 60 hours
For Domestic Students
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
For International Students
- January 1 for Fall (August enrollment)
- August 1 for Spring (January enrollment)
- December 1 for Summer (June enrollment)
How to Apply
View admission details, transcript information and apply for the program through the K-State Graduate School application process. The website also includes an orientation to distance learning at Kansas State University.
Note: Applicants to the master's in adult and continuing education are not required to provide letters of recommendation.
To apply, you must submit a completed Graduate School Application through the Office of Graduate Studies. In addition, you must also provide:
- A statement of objectives essay, which must include your reasons for seeking this degree, your intended area of specialization within the program, past and present employment and future professional plans.
- A resume or a description of relevant professional experience within education or a related field.
- One official transcript from the institution awarding your bachelor's degree. (Your bachelor's degree must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution.)
- If you have completed graduate credits, one official transcript from all institutions at which the graduate credits were earned.
The application materials are to be submitted with the electronic application.
Graduate School Application Fee
Domestic Students: $65 application fee is required; your application will not be processed without this fee. Please make a check out to the K-State Graduate School and include it with your application. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card.
International Students: $75 application fee is required; your application will not be processed without this fee. Please pay with an international cashier's check or money order (in U.S. funds) to the K-State Graduate School and include it with your application. We cannot accept cash or personal checks from international students. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card.
To demonstrate competence in the English language, an official report of scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System - academic exam (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE) must be sent to Kansas State University for all applicants whose primary language is not English.
Learn more about English proficiency requirements.