Urban Extension: Relevant, Reliable, Responsive and Remarkable is the theme for the 2013 National Urban Extension Conference scheduled for May 6–9, 2013 in Overland Park, Kansas. Kansas State University is the conference host.
Extension professionals who work in urban/suburban communities are the target audience for this conference. We also welcome extension partners from collaborating agencies and organizations, extension volunteers, local advisory board members, and others with an interest in urban extension programs.
The pre-conference on May 6-7 is designed for Extension Directors/1890 Administrators and other administrative staff and those who provide program leadership at the national, state, regional and county levels in metropolitan and urban areas throughout the United States.
- Build cultural competency skills and the ability to successfully navigate differences.
- Acquire strategies to build community capacity utilizing the strengths of diverse audiences.
- Develop skills in building strategic collaborative partnerships.
- Investigate innovative funding strategies and the development of public-private partnerships.
- Explore effective technologies for delivering urban extension programs.
- Explore contemporary and emerging issues for urban extension programming.
- Strengthen programming effectiveness through networking with and learning from urban extension focused colleagues.
- Demonstrate techniques to evaluate, document and communicate positive impacts of urban extension programming.