Admission Requirements for the Applied Statistics Graduate Certificate Program
To qualify for admission into the applied statistics graduate certificate program, students must have:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher during junior and senior years of degree program
- computer proficiency sufficient to complete the online course work
Students not meeting the requirements above may be admitted on a provisional basis at the discretion of the certificate faculty if the student has demonstrated adequate preparation in this or an equivalent field and has successfully completed projects of equivalent difficulty.
You must be admitted for the fall semester by Aug. 1, spring semester by Jan. 1 and summer semester by May 1. This means that all transcripts, application fees and any other requirements must be completed and received by these dates.
Please note: It takes at least four to six weeks for an application to be processed once all application materials have been received by the university.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit an Online Graduate Application Form. In the Academic Information area, select Distance-Off Campus as to where you will be completing the majority of the coursework. Then choose Graduate Certificate. The program you select will be Applied Statistics under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Please be prepared to upload the following information when completing the online application.
- Statement of Objectives, State your academic objectives, giving specific reasons for the selection of your field of study, contemplated research areas, and professional plans. Most statements are three to four paragraphs in length. The objectives allow faculty to
- Determine that your expectations of the applied statistics certificate program are congruent with what the program provides; and
- Review a sample of your writing skills.
- Provide transcripts for each college or university where you received your bachelor's degree or completed any advanced course work or degree.
- Failure to list any colleges or universities from which you received a degree or enrolled in graduate course work may result in dismissal from the University. (Transcripts become part of your records at Kansas State University and cannot be returned.)
- Students whose transcripts are not in English must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- Two (2) letters of reference
- International Students: International Study Applicants should provide TOEFL scores with their application forms.
- A $50 application fee is required for U.S. citizens and residents, or $75 for international applicants.
If you are already a degree seeking graduate student at K-State, you do not need to make a separate application for the certificate. Once you have completed the requirements, go to www.k-state.edu/grad/academics/forms/, select Miscellaneous and then select Certificate Completion Form. Send the completed form to Jo Blackburn, Graduate Coordinator, Department of Statistics, KSU, 101 Dickens Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506. Once the form has been reviewed and signed by the department certificate program coordinator, the department will submit your form to the Graduate School. The Graduate School will print your certificate (the certificates are printed every several months) and return the certificate to the department for signature by the certificate program coordinator and we will then mail the document to you.