Admission Requirements for the Food Science Undergraduate Certificate Program
To qualify for admission into the food science undergraduate certificate, students must have:
- High School diploma or a bachelor's degree in another field
- Admission to K-State as a certificate undergraduate student
- United States residency or active duty military
- Meet course level prerequisites
You must be admitted for the upcoming semester at least 30 days prior to the semester beginning. You can see the semester start dates on the Academic Calendar. If you plan to take a course that requires a pre-requisite that you earned at another institution, please send your transcripts to the Office of Admissions as early as possible.
Apply online and pay the application fee using the undergraduate application.
In the form you will be asked the following questions and for the certificate you should answer as follows:
- Do you plan to complete a degree? No
- Are you seeking a post-degree minor? No
- Are you seeking a certificate? Yes
- Do you plan to take more than 15 credit hours at K-State? Yes
- Where will you be taking K-State courses? Distance Education
After answering these questions you will have the opportunity to select the Food Science Certificate from a list.
If you have received credit from other institutions, have each institution send an official transcript to the K-State Office of Admissions and follow up with that office to make sure they have received your transcripts. Transcripts mailed by students are not considered to be official. The Office of Admissions will forward your transfer course material for an evaluation of how your courses apply toward the food science undergraduate certificate program.
Your application will not be processed until all transcripts from the institutions have been received by the Office of Admissions.
Send your transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Kansas State University
119 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-0102
Phone: 800-432-8270 or 785-532-6250