Application Process for Agribusiness Master's Degree
1. Review Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the agribusiness master’s degree, students must have already completed or meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA in the final two years or approximately the last 60 credit hours
- Two years of professional work experience
- Personal computer proficiency
- Undergraduate courses in:
- Statistics or genetics
- Macroeconomics, microeconomics or agricultural economics
Applicants who have a lower than required GPA may be required to take the GMAT or GRE. Applicants without all the required courses may be admitted on a provisional basis with the understanding that deficiencies will be made up in appropriate undergraduate courses.
2. Review Application Requirements
For priority consideration, applications must be received by October 15 for the Manhattan, Kansas, cohort or June 1 for the Animal Health (K-State Olathe) cohort, but earlier submissions are strongly encouraged due to limited spaces available. There are some courses that are offered individually on a case-by-case basis.
Applications are screened upon receipt and will be accepted until October 15 for the Manhattan, Kansas, cohort and June 1 for the Animal Health (K-State Olathe) cohort or until each class is filled. Waiting lists may be established for students accepted into the program after classes are full.
- U.S. Applicants: $65
- International Applicants: $75
3. Prepare to Apply
Please be prepared to upload the following information when completing the online application.
- Statement of objectives: State objectives, reasons for entering the MAB, professional plans and research interests.
- Letter of support from your employer
- The applicant should request that his or her employer upload a letter to the online application system indicating support of the applicant’s entrance into the program – financial support is not required.
- Names and emails of three professional and/or academic references
- Transcripts from each institution attended
- The applicant should request each college or university where he or she received a bachelor’s degree or completed advanced coursework to send an official transcript to the MAB office. These become part of the applicant’s records at K-State and cannot be returned. Failure to list any colleges or universities from which the applicant received a degree or enrolled in graduate coursework may result in dismissal from the university.
- If transcripts are not in English, the applicant must furnish a translation by an appropriate authority.
- Applicants will be asked for official transcripts after notification of admission.
Letters of reference and employer support, personal statement of objectives and resume should be uploaded to the online application system or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts should be mailed to:
Master of Agribusiness
Kansas State University
324 Waters Hall
1603 Old Claflin Place
Manhattan, KS 66506
Proof of English Proficiency
Students whose primary language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency during the application process by providing any one of the following official minimum test scores:
Scores must be self-reported within the application and official scores must be sent by the testing service to K-State.
Exception: students who have received a degree in the last two years from a U.S. college or university are not required to take any of the above English language proficiency exams.
Tip: select “Distance-Off Campus” and “Master’s” on the Academic Information page. On the Program Selection page, select “Agriculture” followed by “Agribusiness-Distance Program.”