K-State Global Campus announces Online Essentials class participants for 2015
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Kansas State University Global Campus has selected participants for the 2015 Online Essentials course, a rigorous blended course that equips instructors with best practices and innovative technology tools for online teaching.
Online Essentials participants demonstrate dedication and commitment to excellence in teaching. The Class of 2015 includes:
- Suzy Auten, College of Business Administration
- Ansley Chua, College of Business Administration
- Ike Ehie, College of Business Administration
- Robert Hachiya, College of Education
- Keith Harris, College of Agriculture
- Dustin Headley, College of Architecture, Planning & Design
- Karen Large, College of Arts & Sciences
- Christian Larson, College of Human Ecology
- Sarah Reasoner, College of Agriculture
- Perla Reyes, College of Arts & Sciences
- Jeremy Roberts, College of Engineering
- Chuck Thorpe, K-State Global Campus
- Norma Valenzuela, College of Arts & Sciences
- Laura Widenor, K-State Global Campus
Lisa Craft, instructional designer who regularly offers the course at Kansas State Polytechnic, will teach the class on the Manhattan campus. Participants will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge by working on building or redesigning their own online classes.
"I've appreciated all the information, insight and reading," said Ann Coulson, assistant professor in family studies and human services, and past course participant. "I've loved the discussion board because I've gotten so many good ideas from other faculty members. I think it's been an incredible course. I hope other faculty members get the same opportunity."
Faculty and staff interested in online teaching can attend the Online Essentials capstone event later this year, where class participants have the opportunity to share what they have learned.
K-State Global Campus is pleased to provide educational opportunities for K-State faculty and staff. To take part in a future offering of the K-State Online Essentials course, please contact Ashley Noll at email@example.com.