K-State Conference on Climate Change in the Great Plains Sept. 5
July 10, 2012
Make plans to join us for a K-State conference on climate change on Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the K-State Student Union.
Plan to attend a conference focused on the interdisciplinary climate change research of K-State and its partners through the Central Great Plains Climate Education Partnership (CGP-CCEP) and the Kansas EPSCoR Climate Adaptation and Mitigation program. Learn more about progress and opportunities in each of these projects through a program that will explore:
- current state of climate science for the Great Plains
- impacts, adaptation and mitigation options facing the Great Plains
- communication and education challenges in our region
- plenary speakers, panels and interactive sessions
- networking opportunities for connecting to the EPSCoR and CCEP projects as well as other scholars interested in climate change at K-State
This conference will advance the K-State conversation about climate change, its impacts and our opportunities as a university and higher education community for working in this area. In particular, the conference is organized to help forge new relationships and identify new directions for K-State's and our region's efforts related to climate change.
This conference will take place the day before the annual K-State sustainability conference, Sustaining Kansas: The 2012 Kansas Higher Education Sustainability Conference on Sept. 6. Registration for both events will open through the Division of Continuing Education on or around Aug. 1.